The Fort Collins Church Network is a group of Senior Pastors dedicated to building relationships, praying for each other and our city, and partnering together for greater impact for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe that we are better together. We exist to support, encourage, and promote healthy pastors who pray and serve together to advance the Kingdom of God in our city. The FCCN respects the autonomy of each local church, and encourages partnerships among churches as the Holy Spirit leads. We seek God together for what He is doing in our city, and build relationships with government, education, and various ministries.
Our Core Values
Relationship: intimacy with God and unity with each other
Prayer: for pastors, churches, and our city
Impact: a call to serve our community and to see our city transformed by the Gospel
Statement of Faith
All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these additional essentials of our faith:
- We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
- Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross as the perfect substitute, receiving the punishment for humanity’s rebellion, according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, appeared to many of his disciples, then ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
- The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers us, and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
- Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifying them in His sight. Only those born of the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth – personally, visibly, and bodily – to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus.” (Rev. 22:20)
- The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.” (Eph. 5:2) He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” (Eph. 2:10)
The Fort Collins Network stands united on the Holy Scriptures, seeks to serve people in the power of the Holy Spirit, and believes wholeheartedly the liberating truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We resonate with the words of the apostle Paul who proclaimed, “…I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.” (Rom. 1:16)
2020 FCCN President
Kevin McGinley, Southgate Church
2020 FCCN Vice President
Chris Mirabito, Antioch Church
2020 FCCN Secretary/Treasurer
Randy Rivers, Poudre Christian Fellowship